The Benefits of Eyelid Surgery: More than just cosmetic
Eyelid surgery—or blepharoplasty, to give it the correct name—is often thought of as a purely cosmetic procedure. However, nothing could be further from the truth, as there are many health and vision-related reasons why such an operation might be performed.
The following explores the major benefits and why you might be advised that eyelid surgery could be advantageous in your situation.
All About Eyelid Surgery
- A quick overview of eyelid surgery
- Reasons to have eyelid surgery & the benefits of doing so
A quick overview of eyelid surgery
Eyelid surgery can be carried out on the upper lids, lower lids, or both. It involves reshaping and removing excess skin, fat, and muscle. It’s a low-risk operation and is often carried out for cosmetic and/or anti-aging reasons. However, it’s also a clinical treatment used for certain physical conditions. It can also have a direct positive influence on mental health caused by concern about your appearance and/or visual impairments.
Reasons to have eyelid surgery & the benefits of doing so
There are multiple reasons and associated benefits to eyelid surgery. The major ones can be defined as:
- Correcting visual impairments: If the upper eyelid begins to sag it can protrude into the field of vision. Left untreated, this can become quite severe, thus impacting daily life. The surgical procedure removes the loose skin, restructures the muscle and fat in the area, and brings about unobstructed vision.
- Anti-aging: The area around the eyes is one of the biggest giveaways of age—indeed it can add years, or even decades, to our real age. Sagging eyelids, bulges below the eyes, deep circles, and more can all make us appear older than we are. Some people are more susceptible to this than others. Eyelid surgery creates dramatic changes that help return your visage to a more youthful appearance.
- Reduces that “tired eyes'' look: Heavy eyelids and under eye bags can make you look constantly tired. If the upper lids sag, this can create an “eyes-half-closed” look that increases the fatigued appearance. A blepharoplasty, while we shouldn’t refer to it as a miraculous cure, goes a long way to restoring the eyes and surrounding area to their former perkiness.
- Smooths the forehead: Droopy upper eyelids that affect the vision often mean that you have to constantly raise your eyebrows to improve your line of sight. Over time, this causes wrinkles and lines to become etched into the forehead. Surgery can help alleviate this.
- Boost your confidence: There’s no denying that being concerned about your looks can affect your mental health. Eyelid surgery can create a positive difference in how others see you and how you view yourself. Plus, the procedure is permanent and, when carried out by a skilled surgeon, rarely—if ever—requires a repeat treatment. While the aging process will naturally continue, you can expect the results of blepharoplasty to last up to 15 years.
Eyelid surgery is carried out using clever techniques that leave minimal to no scarring. Once recovered, there will be little evidence of the procedure. All you need to do is enjoy the multiple benefits it brings to everyday life. Soak up the compliments, smile at your reflection in the mirror, confidently wear your best makeup…
For those who undergo eyelid surgery for clinical reasons, it can be positively life-changing. Making the most of your precious vision is vital to your quality of life. If you’ve been advised that surgery is the way forward, then it might just be the best move you ever make.
Want to Know More About Eyelid Surgery? Speak to the Experts at the West Boca Eye Center
Eyelid surgery can be life-transforming. No matter whether you want the procedure for cosmetic reasons or those that are vision or health-related, the skill of the surgeon will be crucial in determining the final result.
There’s no better place to have this done than at the WBEC—one of the country’s leading clinics for everything related to eye health. As well as primary eyelid surgery, we also carry out revision operations for those who’re not happy with the outcome of a former procedure.
Explore more about eyelid surgery at https://westbocaeyecenter.com/services/eyelid-surgery/ and call us today for more information.
Eyelid surgery—or blepharoplasty, to give it the correct name—is often thought of as a purely cosmetic procedure.
Book an appointment
Fill out the form below and our staff will reach out to you quickly to fully book your appointment and receive all of your necessary information.
Specializing in modern cataract surgery.
Located 1/2 miles North of West Boca Medical Center on Glades Road, directly behind Macy's Furniture Gallery.